WILL HILL HAS BIG PLANS FOR AUSTRALIA
06th March, 2017 at 06:25:03
Undeterred by a largely hostile government attitude to online gambling, UK bookie plans to increase its penetration and market share.
Despite a less than friendly approach to online gambling by the Australian federal government, UK land and online gambling bookmaker William Hill
plc has big plans for the region, according to passages in its FY-2016 report.
Indicators in the report of more intense activity in connecting with Aussie punters include:
* Intensified marketing with promotional investment reaching A$58 million over 2017;
* Marketing vs. net revenue to grow 2% to 28 percent;
* Continued investment in new products and innovations, leveraging the company's in-house technology platform;
* Active participation in the increasingly competitive market, where other European giants like Bet365
, Paddy Power
are all rivals, along with domestic groups like Crown;
* More initiatives to increase the William Hill Australian player base beyond the current 284,000;
* Continued improvement of mobile gambling facilities, which the company reports now deliver 85% of its Australian revenues;
The company noted that the top five gambling brands in Australia dominate 80% of the online market, but that it is holding its own with new account openings up 19% on the preceding year, and claimed to be profitable in contrast to most of its rivals.
Related News Tags: Bookmakers, Australia, Bet365, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, William Hill