DANISH MARKET CRUISING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
01st March, 2017 at 19:22:55
Growth in online slots outstrip total online casino market.
Latest stats from the Danish gaming authority, Spillemyndigheden, reflect the market moving in a positive direction.
Online slots shone bright delivering 24% growth to reach DKK 1.4 billion, outstripping already robust growth in the overall online casino market.
Online slots now account for 72% of the online casino market as a whole.
Performance in terms of gross gaming revenues was:
- Total Danish gambling market was up 6% to reach DKK 8.9 billion (2015: DKK 8.4 billion) or DKK 1,952 per adult.
- Total sports betting was DKK 2,2 billion, up 8.8% y-o-y.
- Online betting accounted for DKK 1.4 billion or 64.5% of the total sports betting market.
- Online Casino was DKK 1.4 billion, an increase of around 23.5 percent.
- Poker amounted to DKK 148 million, declining a further 10% over 2016.
As of 31 December 2017, authorized license holders numbered twenty-seven, 14 betting and twenty-five online casino.
Eight online casino and 3 betting license holders achieved a GGR of less than DKK 5 million, while ten online casino and 8 betting license holders achieved a GGR of more than DKK 25 million in 2016.
Spillemyndigheden's Register Of Anonymous Voluntarily Excluded Gamblers ( ROFUS ) saw an average increase of between 1-200 people per month excluding December to January 2017 where sign ups increased to 300 on the back of the ROFUS TV infomercial which ran from December 26, 2016 to January 31, 2017.
Total voluntarily excluded gamblers were 8,822 at the end of December 2016.
Related News Tags: Denmark