STEADY GROWTH CONTINUES IN SPAIN'S ONLINE GAMBLING MARKET
25th February, 2017 at 07:43:55
Fourth quarter 2016 results show continued significant wagering across all verticals.
Spain's online gambling regulator, the General Directorate for the Regulation of Gambling Affairs, has posted Q4-2016 that close out another year of steady growth for Spanish operators.
Q4-2016 highlights included:
* GGR up 32% year-on-year to Euro 125.66 million;
* Stakes up 33.6% y-o-y at Euro 323.52 million;
* Withdrawals by players up 30% y-o-y at Euro 205.09 million;
* Year-on-year growth in player sign-ups of 17% was recorded, with operators reporting a total of 600,000 registered active players at year's end - a nine% improvement on the same figure in 2015;
* 60% rise in marketing and advertising by operators compared to the preceding quarter;
* Wagering increased across all verticals, with sports betting up 42.52 percent, casino up 16.35 percent, bingo 14.03 percent, poker up 10.31% and other betting up 10.74 percent. In the casino vertical slots attracted most action at 46.67 percent, followed by Blackjack at 17.80 percent, but baccarat declined significantly.
* Bonuses awarded in the quarter totalled Euro 18 million, less than the preceding quarter but 36% up on a year-on-year basis;
* Sponsorship saw a rise over the preceding Q3-2016 quarter of 142 percent;
* 52 licensed operators are active in the Spanish market.
Related News Tags: Spain