GOOD THIRD QUARTER FOR ONLINE CASINO OPERATOR
29th October, 2016 at 07:32:22
Mr Green's introduction of sports betting improves revenues.
The Mr Green
online casino and sports betting group has reported improved year-on-year performance in Q3-2016, attributing some of it to the introduction of its sports betting service.
The online operator noted the positive impact of a "broadened product range, a growing number of customers and a stronger market position outside the Nordic region" on its performance.
Highlights of the report included:
* Total revenue up 14% year-on-year to SEK 229.9 million;
* Revenue generated by mobile products contributed 43.3 percent;
* EBITDA before non-recurring items down 57.5% to SEK 17.4 million, impacted by higher local betting duties and increased marketing ( 51 percent) and staff (28.4 percent) costs;
* Active customers increased by 39% to 102,429;
* Customer deposits hit an all-time high, soaring 21% to SEK 687.2 million;
In terms of geographic contribution to group revenues, the Nordic region continued to lead, delivering 38% of revenue, although this quarter revenues were down 7% at SEK 86.6 million.
Western Europe contributed 33% of group revenues at an improved SEK 76.9 million.
Central, Eastern and Southern Europe revenue rose in the quarter by 39.4% to SEK 69 million, and the Rest of the World figure was down 62.4% to just SEK 2.5 million.
Related News Tags: Mr Green