« News index »
PRODUCTIVE YEAR FOR SKY BETTING AND GAMING
11th October, 2016 at 08:37:53
Yorkshire-based company releases impressive FY results.
Sky Betting and Gaming, a Yorkshire-based online and mobile gambling operator, released some impressive full year fiscal 2015-2016 numbers Monday, reporting:
* Revenues soared 51% to £373.6 million despite "unprecedented pay-outs" following Leicester City winning the Premier League title;
* Consistent growth across all divisions, led by the Sky Bet sports-betting division, where revenues rose 64% to £214 million, up from £130 million in the preceding year;
* i-gaming increased by 36% to £159.5 million;
* Employee head count has risen to 818;
* 31% more customers than the preceding year, and now serves 1.95 million players.
CEO Richard Flint said in a statement:
"2015/16 has been another excellent year for the business and we are pleased to have delivered this strong performance despite some unprecedented pay-outs including an extremely generous Cheltenham Festival offer and a pay-out of around £5 million on Leicester City winning the Premier League.
"We have continued to invest in both our technology and mobile platforms from our base in Yorkshire and our Super 6 product has successfully launched in Italy since the period end. Our strong momentum has continued into the current financial year and we are excited about the opportunities ahead both in the UK and internationally."
Related News Tags: none