UNIBET DELIVERS A NEW SET OF ALL TIME HIGHS
27th April, 2016 at 15:23:09
In first quarter 2016 report.
is flying high, building on a previously robust set of results with a series of new all time highs.
Key performance highlights for the period ending March 31, 2016 include:
New all-time high in gross winnings revenue of £ 122.4 million (Q1/2015: £ 76.1 million), up 61 percent.
- EBITDA was £ 27.6 million (Q1/2015: £ 14.4 million), an increase of 80 per cent.
- Profit before tax almost doubled to £ 22.5 million (Q1/2015: £ 11.3 million).
- Profit after tax doubled to £ 20.0 million (Q1/2015: £ 10.0 million).
- Earnings per share is £ 0.087 (Q1/2015: £ 0.044).
- Net cash generated from operating activities increased by around 90 per cent to £ 31.4 million (Q1/2015: 16.6 million).
- Stan James Online and iGame Group have contributed £ 12.8 million in gross winnings revenue and £ 3.1 million in normalised EBITDA.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 1,007,365 (Q1/2015: 612,269).
"Unibet Group's growth continued to develop strongly in the first quarter, with an increase of gross winnings revenue in £ of 61% and 58% in constant currency compared to the first quarter last year. This is again significantly higher growth than the overall market and indicates that we are continuing to take market share across the board," Henrik Tjärnström, chief executive officer of Unibet Group commented in a press statement.
The group's mobile offerings continue to deliver strong growth and now account for 59 per cent of gross winnings revenue while its continued focus on re-regulation has accelerated the transformation of Unibet's business showing 36% of gross winnings revenue garnered from locally regulated markets.
Despite substantially increased betting duties, Unibet said scalability and cost control have enabled EBITDA to grow by over 80 per cent.
And the future looks bright with average daily gross winnings for the period to April 24, 2016 increasing by around 50% compared to the same period last year, the company said.
Related News Tags: Unibet