UNIBET POSTS A STRONG FOURTH QUARTER AND F.Y. REPORT
10th February, 2016 at 10:07:43
The UK now online gambling firm's largest locally-regulated market.
Online gambling group Unibet
has published a strong set of fourth quarter and full year results, highlighting the following achievements:
* New all-time high in gross winnings revenue of £ 111.4 (78.0) million for the fourth quarter of 2015 and £ 354.1 (312.0) million for the full year 2015;
* Underlying profit for the fourth quarter was £ 24.6 (16.8) million and £ 69.7 (64.5) million for the full year 2015;
* Profit before tax for the fourth quarter of 2015 amounted to £ 21.3 (15.4) million. Profit before tax for the full year 2015 amounted to £ 62.2 (99.0) million;
* Profit after tax for the fourth quarter of 2015 amounted to £ 19.4 (13.5) million. Profit after tax for the full year 2015 amounted to £ 55.7 (93.4) million;
* During the fourth quarter of 2015 recent acquisitions Stan James Online and iGame Group contributed £ 13.0 million in gross winnings revenue and £ 2.7 million in normalised EBITDA;
* Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 921,150 (570,360) of which 156,208 were customers of the businesses acquired in 2015.
* A dividend of £ 1.88 (1.64) per share has been recommended by the board.
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet revealed that the company has achieved market-leading growth in its fourth quarter, generating a 43% increase in gross winnings revenue as reported in £ compared with the same period in 2014, and 57% in constant currencies.
"The organic growth in Unibet and Maria was 26% as reported in £ (40% excluding the effect of changes in currency translation rates), he said Tuesday.
"The focus on scalability across the group has enabled us to deliver a new all-time high in underlying EBITDA for the quarter of £ 27.1 million, up 47% in £. Mobile was 56% of gross winnings revenue compared with 51% in the third quarter.
"The acquisitions have also accelerated the transformation of our business, and locally-regulated revenues are now 34.3% of gross winnings revenue compared with 28.4% in the third quarter of 2015.2
"The UK, the world's largest locally-regulated gambling market, is now our largest locally-regulated market."
Tjärnström reported that in the period up to 7 February 2016, average daily gross winnings revenue has increased by approximately 45% in £ and approximately 47% in local currencies over the same period in 2015.
"Excluding iGame Group and Stan James Online the organic increase is more than 30% in constant currency," he noted.
Unibet Group is one of Europe's largest listed online gambling operators and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. It provides services in 21 languages to over 13.5 million customers in over 100 countries through several subsidiaries and brands.
Related News Tags: Unibet, Maria