UNIMPRESSIVE SECOND QUARTER FOR FRENCH ONLINE GAMBLING
22nd July, 2015 at 09:59:03
But sports betting again predominates.
Q2-2015 stats from the French regulator ARJEL were released this week, showcasing:
* Overall online wagering down 0.4% to Euro 1.945 billion;
* GGR down 0.1% to Euro 180.3 million;
* Deposits and revenue lower at 1% and 1.5 percent;
* Good performance from sports betting, which has replaced horse racing as the best performer;
* Q2-2015 sports betting stakes up 18% to Euro 338 million and sports betting revenue up 7% to Euro 63 million;
* Average weekly active accounts rose by 5% to 187,000;
* Horseracing turnover down 3% to Euro 248 million;
* Horseracing revenue down 3% to Euro 61 million - lower than that from sports betting for the first time in five years;
* Football continued to dominate sports betting with wagers up 5% to Euro 189.1 million;
* Tennis wagering was up an impressive 53% to Euro 87.6 million, the second biggest contributor to the sports betting vertical;
* In-play betting continued to feature prominently in both football and tennis, with live betting deposits accounting for 32% of football wagers and 61% for tennis.
* Mobile channels were again prominent, accounting for 47% of all sports betting, especially in the 18 to 34 year demographic.
* Online poker revenue slipping 2% overall to Euro 56.3 million, with tournament stakes up 16% to Euro 421 million, but cash games declining 10% to Euro 938 million;
Related News Tags: Horseracing, France