2015 OFF TO A GOOD START FOR PLAYTECH
27th April, 2015 at 08:28:16
Q1-2015 numbers are mostly headed in the right direction and growth remains strong.
Online gambling software provider Playtech plc has released its Q1-2015 results, reporting further strong growth in all verticals, with the exception of online poker.
Highlights of the results include:
* Strong performance across regions and most product verticals, both from existing and new business and from acquisitions;
* Increased revenues from regulated markets of 40 percent, up from 34% in Q1 2014;
* Increasing majority of total European revenues now coming from regulated markets;
* Total revenues at Euro 134.9 million, up 31% compared with Q1 2014 on a reported basis (not adjusted for the impact of the UK POC tax which negatively impacted Q1 2015 revenues);
* Excluding acquisitions, reported revenue growth was 29 percent;
* 16% growth at constant currency (excluding acquisitions) due to significant Euro weakness;
* Daily average revenues up 9% in Q1 2015 vs strong Q4 2014 (3% at constant currency excluding acquisitions);
* New casino licensees
signed together with more products and services provided to existing licensees, including 20-year extension with RAY - the longest ever deal for both companies; extension with Ladbrokes
into desktop sports front-end offering; signing of LeoVegas on the Playtech Open Platform;
* Progress in product and with all-channel solution, including strong demand for Playtech ONE; launch of Rainbow Riches Bingo - the first bingo variant of the cross-channel brand; Virtual Sports features unveiled; first Apple Watch app launched with Coral
* Acquisitions to augment organic growth including TradeFX announced in April 2015 - shareholder approval obtained, together with FCA license obtained by Playtech ahead of completion; Yoyo Games announced in February 2015 to enhance social gaming offering.
* Current trading and outlook strong: Average daily revenue for the first 25 days of Q2 2015 up over 25% on Q2 2014.
Drilling down into the revenue statistics:
* Casino up 28% at Euro 70.9 million.
* Services up 27% at Euro 37.8 million.
* Land-based revenues up 198% at Euro 8.3 million.
* Sports up 31% at Euro 7.3 million.
* Bingo up 24% at Euro 5 million.
* Poker down 17% at 3.2 million.
Playtech CEO Mor Weizer reported:
"Playtech has seen a strong start to 2015 with continued execution against our strategy which has delivered both on an operational and financial basis. We have signed new licensees, furthered our relationship with existing licensees and continued to lead industry innovation, including launching an app for the Apple Watch on the day it was released, and saw further progress with Playtech ONE initiatives.
"We also announced two important strategic transactions with the acquisition of TradeFX, an online CFDs and binary options broker and trading platform provider which is highly complementary to Playtech's existing business and Yoyo Games, enhancing our social gaming offering.
"The strong start we have made to the year, together with the progress we continue to make in all aspects of the business both on an organic and inorganic basis, gives me great confidence in our ability to deliver strong growth in 2015 and beyond."
Related News Tags: Playtech, Coral, Ladbrokes