NEW INDUSTRY NUMBERS FROM THE U.K. GAMBLING COMMISSION
27th November, 2014 at 10:44:13
British gambling industry generated £ 6.8 billion in GGY between April 2013 and March 2014.
The latest industry numbers from the British Gambling Commission show that the industry is alive and well in the United Kingdom, generating Gross Gambling Yield of £ 6.8 billion in the period April 2013 to March 2014... an increase of 6% on the corresponding figure for April 2012 to March 2013.
Other interesting take-outs from the report show:
* The non-remote betting sector holds the largest market share, delivering 47% of GGY;
* Growth is highest in remote betting, bingo and casino at 22% since last year, followed by arcades, betting, and large society lotteries;
* Betting shop machines produced GGY of £ 1.56 billion - up only 1% despite a 4% increase in the number of machines during the year;
* Industry headcount fell by 5,357 over the year to 102,715 employees;
* National Lottery sales reached £ 6.7 billion during the reporting period.
See the full report here:
Related News Tags: Lotteries