UNIBET DELIVERS ANOTHER STRONG PERFORMANCE
07th August, 2014 at 05:40:47
Unibet's Q2 earnings up 38% to £ 16.7 million on the back of revenues of £ 77.1 million.
online gambling group has delivered another sterling set of results for Q2-2014, reporting:
* Earnings up 38% to £ 16.7 million
* Revenue up 24% to £ 77.1 million.
* Active customers up more than 33% quarter-on-quarter at 610,000.
* World Cup football betting made up £ 16 million of the company's £ 31.9 million Q2 overall sports betting revenues.
* Mobile wagering contributed 47% of overall sportsbook revenue, and live betting delivered 64.6% of turnover.
* Continued success in Western Europe, which provided £ 16.2 million, or over half sports betting revenues - almost doubling in terms of y-o-y growth.
* Nordic activity rising - up 22% to £ 12.2 million.
* On the negative side, Central, Eastern and Southern European markets declined 21% to just £ 2.6 million.
* Gaming business (including online casino and poker) increased by 15% to £ 45.2 million, but the poker element lagged, declining 45% y-o-y to £ 1.7 million, a situation the company hopes to reverse with a new standalone poker offering designed strongly for the recreational player.
Current trading reported by the company shows an increase in revenue of 7% over the second quarter average despite a massive Mega Fortune win of Euro 5.8 million on early in July (see previous reports).
Related News Tags: Unibet