NEW WILL HILL C.E.O. MAPS OUT HIS PRIORITIES
05th July, 2014 at 02:40:47
Interview gives an insight into Henderson's approach.
Following the announcement that veteran William Hill
plc executive James Henderson is to take over as CEO, the international online and land gambling company published an interview with the its new leader, and chairman Gareth Davis here:
http://www.cantos.com/ or video.merchantcantos.com.
The interview gives an insight into Henderson's priorities and his approach to the task, making the following points:
* Taking over a company with a strong brand, scale and presence in international markets both online and in retail, thanks to the efforts of predecessor Ralph Topping, and he intends to build on these excellent foundations to create a bright future for the company. The company's consistent strategy of innovation and adaptation to new technology has ensured growth and development and will continue to do so.
* 30-year veteran with the company who started as a training manager and went on to serve in management positions throughout the retail and online sides of the company. More recently involved in leading the US and Australian expansion of the company.
* Immediate challenges include the new point-of-consumption taxes and regulation in the UK; the offshore levy, and race field fees in Australia, all of which will involve a short-term hit to the company's financial situation. However, there is already a team working on strategies to mitigate the impact of these challenges and ensure the creation of sustainable profits in the future.
* Although the company is compliant and responsible in its operations, it will continue to work with the government to ensure that it remains so.
* Henderson's immediate priorities include planning for the future with the executive team, considering growth and how to sustain it, but also looking at opportunities ahead to ensure that the company is prepared in every sense to make the most of these as they arise.
* The future will definitely continue to include multi-channel activity, which is firmly supported by Henderson. The company has already started down this road, but there is more that can and will be done to achieve a situation where the company has an offer that is deliverable across all territories and all channels, making for a stronger business.
Related News Tags: William Hill