INTERNET GAMBLING: GET UP TO SPEED ON ADVERTISING
11th March, 2014 at 02:56:21
ASA offering marketers a chance to improve their knowledge of UK advertising requirements.
Judging by the frequent Advertising Standards Authority decisions on unacceptable advertising that go against online gambling firms, more needs to be done to educate marketers on what is appropriate‚EURŠ and more importantly what is not.
In an attempt to address this issue, the ASA is to host a seminar alongside the help notes on gambling advertising prepared by its Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) and Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice (BCAP).
This educational event is to take place on March 26 at the ASA offices at Mid City Place, 71 High Holborn, London WC1V 6QT and will cost delegates who book online £ 150.
The intention is to help the industry comply with the various gambling-related provisions of the UK Advertising Codes. The overriding expectation of the ASA is that gambling advertising must be responsible, prevent harm and does not exploit vulnerable groups like children or mislead.
CAP and BCAP specialists will be on hand to give advice and information, and explain how the ASA works. They will provide an outline of the regulatory framework governing gambling advertising and advice on the various key areas covered by the Codes, addressing subjects like:
- Understanding ad regulation - how the ASA and CAP work
- Ensuring a socially responsible approach to marketing
- Protecting children and young persons
- Preventing irresponsible appeals (e.g. to sexual success or gambling as a rite of passage)
- How to avoid encouraging problem gambling
behaviours (e.g. solitary gambling or gambling to solve personal problems)
- Misleading advertising issues related to free bet offers
- Case studies and examples of ASA adjudications
Read all about it here:
Related News Tags: none