TRADING UPDATE FROM G.V.C.
09th January, 2014 at 04:16:13
Preview of fourth quarter and full year 2013 results.
GVC Holdings plc, the Isle of Man-based online gambling operator of the CasinoClub, Betboo and Sportingbet
brands in Malta, the UK, South Africa, Italy, Germany Denmark, Alderney and the Netherlands Antilles, has posted a trading update covering its fourth quarter and full year 2013 performance numbers.
Revenues in the fourth quarter averaged Euro 531,000 per day, 3% ahead of the third quarter, and management therefore expects to report clean EBITDA above the top-end of analysts' current forecasts.
Other highlights in the posting include:
* Q4 sports wagers at Euro 361.9 million and Euro 1,168 million over the full year, with margins respectively of 8.4% and 9.6 percent.
* Sports NGR at Euro 22,97 million in Q4 and Euro 90,86 million over the year.
* Gaming NGR at Euro 25,90 million over the quarter and Euro 89,96 million over the year.
* After contributions to a b2b partner, the totals are Euro 48,87 million over the quarter and Euro 168,68 million over the full year.
Management reports that 2013 has been a transformational year for GVC with the completion of the Sportingbet acquisition on the 19 March 2013, its successful integration, a reduction in the inherited cost base of around 50 percent, and a growth in its inherited revenues.
GVC has now completed all of its data migrations onto the single platform of Sportingbet, including that of Betboo. In addition to this, GVC announces that as of Thursday 9 January it has moved its principal gaming licence from Alderney to Malta, where GVC has been established for many years and where its sports trading management is located.
Kenneth Alexander, CEO of the group said Thursday: "The Board is pleased to be able to present excellent figures for 2013 and to continue to reward our shareholders with an increased dividend.
"The Sportingbet acquisition and our successful restructuring of that business has been transformational for GVC. The Board's confidence in the future growth of the Group is demonstrated by our ongoing progressive dividend policy."
NETPLAYTV RELEASES Q4-2013 K.P.I.s
Strong quarterly performance from interactive television betting company.
The UK interactive television and mobile betting company NetPlayTV has released its Q4-2013 numbers, showing strong quarterly growth as follows:
* 33% increase in total net revenue to £ 7.9 million (Q4 2012: £ 5.9 million) and 22% increase on Q3 2013.
* 12% increase in new depositing players to 15,648 (Q4 2012: 13,974) and 1% increase on Q3 2013.
* 27% increase in active depositing players to 32,163 (Q4 2012: 25,376) and 11% increase on Q3 2013.
* Mobile and tablet net revenue increased 121% on prior year and now accounts for 30% of total net revenue (Q4 2012: 18 percent)
* Full year EBITDA expected to be at top-end of market expectations
Management reports that during the reporting period the Netplay acquired the Vernons
brand from Sportech plc for a total cash consideration of £ 3 million. The integration of this brand into the existing NetPlay infrastructure is almost complete and brings with it additional products in sportsbook and bingo which will be marketed through established channels from the start of 2014.
Mobile and tablet performed very well in the quarter, and marketing continues to be a key driver for growth in the business.
The company has announced that following the prior season's success, its brand SuperCasino
is once again the headline sponsor for Celebrity Big Brother currently being aired on Channel 5, and in addition Vernons Bingo is the headline sponsor for Loose Women on STV throughout the whole of 2014.
The Directors are pleased with a continued strong performance and are confident that the Netplay will meet full year market estimates with full year EBITDA at the top end of expectations.
The company plans to issue its full year preliminary results on 8 April 2014.
Related News Tags: Alderney, Sportingbet, Malta, Germany, Netplay, Vernons