CASINOS AUSTRIA INTERNATIONAL HITS ANOTHER HIGH
29th April, 2013 at 17:33:13
Online and VLT subsidiary star performers in 2012
Austrian state-owned gaming operator Casinos Austria and the Austria Lotteries Group reported a historical all-time high in its 2012 annual consolidated turnover and its second-highest net profit achieved despite its loss-making international subsidiary.
Key performance indicators included:
- A group net profit of Euro 42.68 million, the second highest income in company history.
- Consolidated turnover of Euro 3,54 billion representing an all-time historic high.
- Austrian Lotteries recorded revenues of Euro 2.96 billion (2011: Euro 2.9 billion)
- Online operation Win2Day recorded turnover of Euro 1.14 billion
- VLT subsidiary WINWIN Euro 458 million
- EuroMillion of Euro 340.2 million.
- A decline was reported from its Toto, Bingo, Brieflos and Lottery sectors.
- A reduction in casino tax from 48% to 30% positively affected results from its 12 local casinos which yielded an operating profit of Euro 16.1 million.
Following restructuring and consolidation in the operators Casinos Austria International Holding (CAI), gaming revenues increased by 2.9% to Euro 237.5 million, while costs were reduced by Euro 11.6 million. CAI's loss of Euro 54.4 million in 2011 was halved to Euro 25.2 million.
Casinos Austria and Austrian Lotteries Group proved to be one of the three biggest Austrian taxpayers with a total contribution of Euro 552 million.
As the group predicts a tough year ahead, it is focusing on the potential for expansion especially in Asia and South America.
"2012 was very successful for the entire group", Director General Dr Karl Stoss said. "And the issuing of casino licences for the city package in December 2012 was of course the crowning conclusion".
Related News Tags: Lotteries