DUTCH COALITION HAS GAMBLING REGULATION ON THE AGENDA
30th October, 2012 at 07:22:14
New ruling partnership agree on legalisation and regulation of the gambling market
The new Dutch ruling coalition comprising the Liberal Party ( Volkspartij voor en Democratie, VVD) and the Labor Party ( Partij van de Arbeid, PvdA) have laid out plans to modernise gambling policies in the Netherlands along with reaching agreement on the conditional sale of the state-owned Holland Casino.
A gaming tax on land-based lottery and online gambling is in the pipeline for implementation in 2015 which it says will include:
Lottery permits (not online) including the State Lottery:
- to be awarded by means of a transparent procedure which may take the form of an auction.
- a market licence fee instituted.
Online gambling regulation:
- online gambling market to be legalised and regulated by the next term
- an initial suggestion of a 29% gaming tax levied at online providers
- illegal providers currently providing services to Dutch residents to be excluded from the process
- licences withdrawn on non-payment of prescribed gaming tax
Modernisation of the Dutch online gambling policy will encompass regulation of the internet gambling, sports betting and poker sectors.
Related News Tags: Lotteries, Holland