GETTING THE SKINNY ON INTERNET FRAUDSTERS
29th September, 2012 at 11:52:28
Anti-online fraud company launches the Fraud Force Online Community
If you're a member of the security department at an online gambling operation, you may find a new internet community set up by the Iovation anti-online fraud company valuable.
The virtual crime-fighting network is available exclusively to Iovation clients and provides thousands of fraud professionals a private, virtual community to connect and collaborate in the fight against cybercrime.
This enables exclusive insight into the latest attack vectors that online fraudsters are using and the latest techniques on how to thwart those attacks
The Portland, Oregon-based company says sharing information is key to defeating online fraudsters and thieves.
Sharing data is baked into Iovation's DNA and is essential to combat constantly evolving Internet threats and the devices that are used to conduct them, said Jon Karl, Vice President of Corporate Development this week.
Our clients have expressed great interest in having the ability to connect with other fraud analysts in a secure way while sharing real-time fraud and abuse intelligence through Iovation's ReputationManager 360 solution.
The new Fraud Force Online Community enables them to do this, extending the valuable conversations already taking place at our user groups, facilitating law enforcement, and sharing fraud prevention strategies and tactics in a way that outpaces the fraudsters.
Some of the key features of the Fraud Force Online Community include:
* Industry breakouts"Fraud experts can discuss industry-specific topics by participating in groups such as financial services, online retail, gaming, gambling, dating sites and social networks.
* Topic groups"Users can jump right into global topics such as business rules, fraud and abuse evidence placement, and device reputation.
* Public, private and secret groups"While the Fraud Force Online Community is already private and secure, users may select even more privacy. They can collaborate openly within a select group, or through peer-to-peer communications.
* Polls"Users can get instant feedback by posing questions to their fraud professional peers within the community.
* Document sharing"Fraud experts can access documentation on various fraud attacks and provide feedback on those documents in real time.
* Blogs"As bad actors rapidly change their tactics, security experts will be sharing real-life fraud scenarios and methods of detection.
Related News Tags: none