Good Half Year For Online Casino Firm
GOOD HALF YEAR FOR ONLINE CASINO FIRM
05th September, 2012 at 12:44:10Source: http://www.azonlinecasinos.com
32Red ticks all the boxes in H1-2012
Online gaming company 32Red plc posted a sterling H1-2012 report for the period to June 30 2012, and advises that trading since then is up 22% despite punters being distracted by the Olympics.
The Microgaming-powered and Gibraltar licensed gambling group also confirmed it is to launch casino, poker and bingo action in Italy before the end of this year, the first time the company has expanded beyond its core British market since its launch in 2002.
The half-yearly report included the following highlights:
* Revenues rose 50% to £ 16.5 million - a new record for the firm.
* EBITDA before share option costs and exceptional items was up 12% to £ 1.7 million.
* Active casino players in first 6 months up 81% to 31,722 (H1 2011: 17,548)
* Casino player yield £ 457 (H1 2011: £ 543)
* New Casino players up 93% to 18,724 (H1 2011: 9,704)
* Casino cost per player acquisition: £ 166 (H1 2011: £ 173)
* William Hill's appeal over 32Red trade mark infringement case was dismissed. 32Red reported exceptional costs of £ 59,000 in this connection - the costs associated with the case were £ 129,000 pounds and the company has received an initial payment of £ 70,000. A hearing next year is expected to settle the level of damages and liability for costs associated with original hearing in 2010
* Interim 2012 dividend of 0.6p declared, up 20% on 2011
* Current trading remains strong - up 22% in July and August 2012.
"While we continue to focus on our core market of the UK, we look forward to utilising our Italian licence to expand the profile of the brand and to grow business in another regulated market," CEO Ed Ware said in a statement.
"We are very pleased to have delivered another strong performance during the first half of 2012, across all key measures. This performance has continued during the first 2 months of the second half of the year, despite the excitement and distraction of the Olympic Games.
"The sustained revenue growth across the Group has been primarily driven by the 32Red Casino and we continue to work on further enhancing the player experience as well as our marketing effectiveness.
"As previously stated, we intend to enter the Italian online casino market in early Q4 and we are looking forward to commencing marketing and operational activities.''
IS INDIA THINKING ABOUT SPORTS BETTING LEGALISATION?
17th May, 2013 at 02:45:32
Old study may be given new life
Full Story: Is India Thinking About Sports Betting Legalisation? »
SHERIFF GAMING IN GAME SUPPLY DEAL WITH SKILLONNET
14th May, 2013 at 07:13:50
Full portfolio of 3D games to be integrated
Full Story: Sheriff Gaming In Game Supply Deal With Skillonnet »
VIRTUAL CRICKET ADDED TO INSPIRED SPORTS LIBRARY
14th May, 2013 at 07:13:50
Cricket - a first in the virtual sports category
Full Story: Virtual Cricket Added To Inspired Sports Library »
PADDY POWER SHOWCASES STELLAR GROWTH IN MANAGEMENT STATEMENT
14th May, 2013 at 03:20:30
Net revenue Up 20 percent in year to date, with online operations leading the charge
NEW HORSE RACE ARCADE-STYLE ONLINE GAME
13th May, 2013 at 12:28:53
Horse race every two minutes with variable bet options
Full Story: New Horse Race Arcade-style Online Game »