Intralot Strengthens Its Russian Sports Betting Involvement

INTRALOT STRENGTHENS ITS RUSSIAN SPORTS BETTING INVOLVEMENT

30th August, 2012 at 04:10:05
Source: http://www.azonlinecasinos.com

Greek gambling group secures 100% of Kelicom

The Greek gambling group Intralot has strengthened its interest in Russian sports betting by upping its 33% stake in gaming information systems software and manufacturer of gaming hardware Kelicom to full ownership.

Kelicom holds a strategic stake of 74,9% in Favorit Bookmakers Office LLC, one of the leading sports betting operators in Russia, giving Intralot access to its extensive customer data base.

Intralot bought in for 33% of Kelicom back in June this year. The transaction for the remaining 67% stake in Kelicom was performed at a valuation that represents less than 1% of the company's consolidated assets and has been approved by the competent authorities.

Ioannis Pantoleon, Group General Director of Finance and Business Development at Intralot, said this week: By obtaining the full control of Favorit, we serve our strategy to further invest in the Russian regulated betting market and become one of its major players. We are looking forward to continuing our successful operations in the country and providing Russian players with our exciting gaming offerings.

Founded in December 2002, Favorit is one of the most well-established betting companies in Russia. In March 2012, Favorit's 5 year licence to run sports betting activities in the country - awarded in 2009 by the Federal Tax Service - was changed to a non-expiring licence. Within its first 10 years of operations, Favorit has offered sports fans the opportunity to bet on football, basketball, tennis and other sports matches.

Related News Tags: , , ,



« News index »



BRITAIN'S UPPER HOUSE TO VOTE ON HORSE RACING LEVY TODAY (Update)

29th March, 2017 at 19:48:16
Horse racing industry could benefit to the tune of GBP 30 million from changes that include online operators.

ATTEMPT TO STIFLE GAMBLING ADVERTS IN AUSTRALIA FAILS (Update)

29th March, 2017 at 19:48:16
Xenophon private member's bill rejected by Senate Estimates Committee.

ANOTHER FOBT RED FLAG FOR UK BOOKIES (Update)

23rd March, 2017 at 09:52:25
Fitch Ratings opines that staking limit cuts could benefit the online side of the industry.

UK BOOKMAKERS ADVISED TO "BRACE YOURSELVES"

21st March, 2017 at 21:54:56
Government may be about to act on FOBTs, says MP.

RUSSIAN DUMA APPROVES LEVY ON BOOKMAKING FIRMS (Update)

21st March, 2017 at 11:24:11
Law requires bookmakers to pay 5 percent of revenues every quarter towards the development of sports.