MORE LICENCE AWARDS FROM SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN
23rd May, 2012 at 10:34:30
Seven sports betting licences awarded, another 24 applications under review
The Interior Ministry of Schleswig-Holstein awarded another four licences to private sportsbetting providers today.
Interior Minister Klaus Schliemann announced awards to bwin, Bet365
, bet-at-home and Sportingbet
valid with immediate effect over the next six years.
Schlie said: "A license is granted only to those who can credibly provide evidence of its reliability and sustainable performance."
To date, the latest licences bring to seven those awarded, all to sports betting operators. The Ministry confirmed that another 24 applications for sports betting are under consideration, while a further 17 applications for online casino games
are under review.
The Ministry further introduced the eight members of a new advisory board that will assist the gambling authority in licencing and supervisory issues.
- Manfred Konitz-hair, State Sports Association of Schleswig-Holstein
- Stefan Bock, Federation of Schleswig-Holstein
- Christa Limmer, Action for Children and Youth Protection at the National Center for Schleswig-Holstein
- Dr. Wolfgang Kröhn, Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Health of the Land Schleswig-Holstein
- Karin Seidel, NordwestLotto Schleswig-Holstein GmbH & Co. KG
- Mathias Dahms, JAXX SE, Kiel
- Prof. Dr. Martin Nolte, German Sport University Cologne
- Stephan Nietz, Schleswig-Holstein State Office of Criminal
Schlie emphasized the importance of the Advisory Board saying: "The very first meeting showed impressively high expertise and the dedicated work of members of the Advisory Board. I'm sure the committee will make important contributions to the implementation of gambling legislation in Schleswig-Holstein."
Related News Tags: Sportingbet, Bwin, Germany, Bet365