STRONG FIRST QUARTER RESULTS FROM LOTTOMATICA ONLINE ARM
09th May, 2012 at 15:05:05
Italy, interactive games and machine gaming good for Italian operator
Italian gaming giant Lottomatica Group reported a record first quarter 2012 driven by the Italian market, machine gaming and interactive games.
Group Highlights include:
- Group Revenues amounted to Euro 780.3 million (Q1/2011: Euro 702.10 million) and EBITDA of Euro 280.4 million (Euro 255.9 million) up 11% and 10 percent, respectively.
- Italian revenues grew 4.8% to Euro 481.8 million (Q1/2011: Euro 459.9 million), growth is attributed to machine gaming and interactive
- Interactive wagers totaled Euro 589.9 million (Q1/2011: Euro 117.4 million) up more than 400 percent. The huge leap is due to the launch of new games including Poker Cash and Casino games in the second half of 2011.
- Wagers from Italian sports betting, including pool games, totaled Euro 250.4 million (Q1/2011: Euro 296.5 million)
SPIELO International (includes GTECH G2 following the integration of the two business segments):
- Revenues up 2.0% to Euro 69.2 million
- Secured 12 new customers in the newly-regulated Spanish market
- Launched with five new partners into the Danish market.
Related News Tags: Denmark, Italy