BETSSON REPORTS STRONG 2011
10th February, 2012 at 15:08:32
Nordic regions boost results
Swedish gaming group, Betsson, reported on its Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 performance, presenting another set of strong results.
Fourth Quarter Results and KPI's include:
- Revenues amounted to SEK 515.2 million (Q4/2010: SEK 484.3 million) and the operating margin amounted to 33.4% (Q4/2010: 26.4 percent)
- Operating income amounted to SEK 172.3 million (Q4/2010: SEK 127.7 million), equivalent to an increase of 35 percent
- Income before tax amounted to SEK 172.9 million (Q4/2010: SEK 128.7 million)
- Net income totaled SEK 165.8 million (Q4/2010: SEK 125.2 million), corresponding to SEK 4.01 (Q4/2010: 3.19) per share
- Betsson has no interest-bearing liabilities and liquid funds amounted to SEK 509.7 million (Q4/2010: SEK 497.1 million)
- A withdrawal from a gaming account by the player who won the record jackpot at the end of the third quarter had a negative impact of EUR 11.7 million on liquid funds
- One new B2B agreement was signed during the quarter, with Berlingske Media in Denmark
- Betsson received a gaming license in Denmark during the quarter
- The integration of Betsafe
is developing according to plan
- In the mobile technology area, Betsson complemented its existing Livescore and Sportsbook apps with a Casino app during the fourth quarter.
- Business to Customer:
- All time high in gross profit levels to SEK 300.7 million (Q4/2010: SEK 153.2 million) representing an increase of 96% (including Betsafe) and 24% (excluding Betsafe).
- Betsafe contributed SEK 110.3 million to gross profit.
- Nordic customers accounted for 80% (Q4/2010: 75 percent) of the segment, while the EU accounted for 18% (Q4:2010: 27 percent)
- Business to Business:
- Gross profit in B2B amounted to SEK 132.6 million (Q4/2010: SEK 238.3) million. Primarily attributed to divestment of Turkish customer base and weak Turkish currency.
- A new B2B agreement signed with the Danish media company, Berlingske Media
- Gaming solution offered through Realm Entertainment continues to develop positively.
Full year 2011 Key Performance Indicators include:
- Revenues increased by 8% to SEK 1,736.6 million (2010: SEK 1,603.2 million) and the operating margin amounted to 32.2% (2010: 23.7 percent)
- Operating income amounted to SEK 559.7 million (2010: SEK 380.6 million), equivalent to an increase of 47 percent
- Income before tax amounted to SEK 555.4 million (2010: SEK 382.5 million)
- Net income totaled SEK 527.8 million (2010: SEK 365.7 million), corresponding to SEK 13.12 (9.32) per share
Magnus Silfverberg, president and chief executive officer of Betsson commented:
Betsson now ranks as one of the world's most influential gaming companies. We have achieved this position thanks to our strong growth and profitability as well as Betsson's long-term efforts to create attractive gaming solutions for both partners and end users.
"During the fourth quarter, Betsson has experienced an all-time high in both activity and deposits, while the Group sits at the forefront in the technological development towards a new, reregulated reality in
Related News Tags: Jackpots, Denmark, Sweden