ECONSULTANCY CUSTOMER SURVEY ON UK GAMBLING
10th November, 2011 at 15:42:40
Customer experiences need work says survey
A survey conducted by the independent ecommerce and digital marketing consultancy, Econsultancy has revealed some interesting results.
The survey in consultation with Foviance and TolunaQuick was based on five consumer studies covering the online banking, mobile phone provider, gaming/gambling, travel and retail sectors directed at a sample of 5,000 British respondents who were anonymously polled during September 2011.
- Consumers are less likely to recommend a gambling than companies in the retail, mobile, banking and travel sectors, with 47% saying they would endorse a gambling brand, compared with a high of 73% for retailers, and 64% for mobile phone brands.
- Key areas for improvement identified by gambling customers were:
- They want the best odds for their bets
- A user-friendly website
- Efficient customer service
- Quick resolution of problems.
- Customer's preferred channels revealed:
- 30% of the sample utilises a desktop computer
- mobile users account for 9 percent
- tablet users account for 5 percent.
- 26% of the sample place their bets at bookmaker shops.
- Use of mobile for betting is more prevalent in the 18 to 34 age group, with 15% placing a bet on their phones in the past six months.
- With mobile gambling on the rise survey results revealed that the mobile user experience has room for improvement.
- 56% of customers rated the mobile experience as good or excellent, compared with 67% for desktop.
- 12% rated it as poor or very poor. The same figure for desktop users was just 5 percent.
- If companies didn't have a mobile version of the service, or the mobile offering was poor, then this was enough to deter 7% of respondents.
- The tablet users sit somewhere in the middle.
- Customers close their accounts because:
- There were too few offers or incentives 33 percent
- Only registered to take advantage of a promotion 17 percent
- The interface was poor 11 percent
- Bad experience on the site 9 percent
Respondents named the following brands as providing the best customer experience:
(Ranked in order of number of mentions from highest to lowest)
- Paddy Power
Bingo and Mecca Bingo
- 888.com and Betfred
- Foxy Bingo Customers
More in-depth survey information is available at http://econsultancy.com/us/reports/surveys
Related News Tags: Bookmakers, Uk, Bet365, Betfair, Betfred, Coral, Gala, Ladbrokes, Mecca Bingo, Paddy Power