Media Corp On The Turn Around
MEDIA CORP ON THE TURN AROUND
12th October, 2011 at 09:36:30Source: http://www.azonlinecasinos.com
Company on the right track with growth across all business divisions
A trading update from advertising network and online gaming group Media Corporation plc (Media Corp) shows improvement with strong growth reported across all its business divisions for the company's financial year 2011 that ended September 30, 2011.
The group's online gaming division Purple Lounge posted a revenue increase of 29% for the year, with the company intent on focusing on further acquisitions particularly in the online gaming arena.
Key (unaudited) financial indicators include:
- Group revenues of £ 35 million (2010: £ 24 million) an increase of 46 percent
- Eyeconomy revenues of £ 7.3 million (2010: £ 2.8 million) an increase of 160 percent
- Purple Lounge revenues of £ 27.5 million (2010: 21.3 million) an increase of 29 percent
- Group gross profit of £ 5.8 million (2010: £ 5.0 million) an increase of 16 percent
- Cash balances of £ 2.2 million (September 2010: £ 2.2 million)
- Purple Lounge achieved growth during the year with registered customer numbers reaching 120 000 (2010: 100 000) by the year end.
- Eyeconomy signed a partnership deal with Digital Sports Group.
- The sale of Gambling.com and Sport.co.uk for £ 1.5 million net.
The sale of Gambling.com resulted in a one-off accounting loss for the year which will increase the Group's loss by around £ 1.1 million.
Justin Drummond, chief executive officer of Media Corp, commented: "This is a pleasing performance for the financial year as the turnaround continues in key areas of the Group.
"Purple Lounge has had another strong year against industry wide declines in online gaming revenues. The Group is continuing to successfully test a number of innovative online marketing techniques which the Directors believe will significantly increase customer signups, active players and revenues in the coming months.
"We continue to explore earnings enhancing acquisitions and look forward to providing further updates as and when appropriate.
Related News Tags: Purple Lounge
NEWSPAPER POLL CLAIMS IOWANS ARE AGAINST ONLINE GAMBLING
04th March, 2014 at 03:36:49
Only a quarter of respondents in favour of legalisation.
Full Story: Newspaper Poll Claims Iowans Are Against Online Gambling »
U.S. AND JAPANESE AUTHORITIES MOVE ON BITCOIN
04th March, 2014 at 03:36:49
Officials in Tokyo and Manhattan making enquiries into the Bitcoin affair.
Full Story: U.s. And Japanese Authorities Move On Bitcoin »
NEW SELF EXCLUSION PROJECT LAUNCHED
03rd March, 2014 at 23:37:30
Collaboration between RGA, GamCare and The Gordon Moody Association
Full Story: New Self Exclusion Project Launched »
BITCOIN LIKELY TO KEEP ROLLING
03rd March, 2014 at 02:02:24
Despite a volatile exchange rate and the collapse of its biggest exchange, the virtual currency is still being used in online gambling transactions.
Full Story: Bitcoin Likely To Keep Rolling »
BETCLIC 'SHOCKED' AT NEWS FROM BELGIUM (Update)
28th February, 2014 at 10:54:54
But no admissions from online gambling group.
Full Story: Betclic 'shocked' At News From Belgium (update) »