Media Corp On The Turn Around
MEDIA CORP ON THE TURN AROUND
12th October, 2011 at 09:36:30Source: http://www.azonlinecasinos.com
Company on the right track with growth across all business divisions
A trading update from advertising network and online gaming group Media Corporation plc (Media Corp) shows improvement with strong growth reported across all its business divisions for the company's financial year 2011 that ended September 30, 2011.
The group's online gaming division Purple Lounge posted a revenue increase of 29% for the year, with the company intent on focusing on further acquisitions particularly in the online gaming arena.
Key (unaudited) financial indicators include:
- Group revenues of £ 35 million (2010: £ 24 million) an increase of 46 percent
- Eyeconomy revenues of £ 7.3 million (2010: £ 2.8 million) an increase of 160 percent
- Purple Lounge revenues of £ 27.5 million (2010: 21.3 million) an increase of 29 percent
- Group gross profit of £ 5.8 million (2010: £ 5.0 million) an increase of 16 percent
- Cash balances of £ 2.2 million (September 2010: £ 2.2 million)
- Purple Lounge achieved growth during the year with registered customer numbers reaching 120 000 (2010: 100 000) by the year end.
- Eyeconomy signed a partnership deal with Digital Sports Group.
- The sale of Gambling.com and Sport.co.uk for £ 1.5 million net.
The sale of Gambling.com resulted in a one-off accounting loss for the year which will increase the Group's loss by around £ 1.1 million.
Justin Drummond, chief executive officer of Media Corp, commented: "This is a pleasing performance for the financial year as the turnaround continues in key areas of the Group.
"Purple Lounge has had another strong year against industry wide declines in online gaming revenues. The Group is continuing to successfully test a number of innovative online marketing techniques which the Directors believe will significantly increase customer signups, active players and revenues in the coming months.
"We continue to explore earnings enhancing acquisitions and look forward to providing further updates as and when appropriate.
Related News Tags: Purple Lounge
ADELSON PUSHES BACK ON INTERNET GAMBLING
19th November, 2014 at 01:19:46
New drive sees the usual Adelson suspects using Youtube.
Full Story: Adelson Pushes Back On Internet Gambling »
NEW SLOT JUST OUT FROM YGGDRASIL
18th November, 2014 at 14:20:47
Look out for Cazino Zeppelin.
Full Story: New Slot Just Out From Yggdrasil »
SOCIAL GAMING DOES NOT LEAD TO PROBLEM GAMBLING
14th November, 2014 at 02:13:41
New study of a 12 million-player sample over a one month period debunks claims that social gambling endangers the young.
Full Story: Social Gaming Does Not Lead To Problem Gambling »
GAMELOFT RAIDED BY MISTAKE!
12th November, 2014 at 14:06:03
Police were tipped off to an online gambling operation
Full Story: Gameloft Raided By Mistake! »
JOINGO AND VIZEXPLORER PARTNER FOR MOBILE INITIATIVE
10th November, 2014 at 11:50:07
Terrestrial operators link to online for customer convenience
Full Story: Joingo And Vizexplorer Partner For Mobile Initiative »