Media Corp On The Turn Around
MEDIA CORP ON THE TURN AROUND
12th October, 2011 at 09:36:30Source: http://www.azonlinecasinos.com
Company on the right track with growth across all business divisions
A trading update from advertising network and online gaming group Media Corporation plc (Media Corp) shows improvement with strong growth reported across all its business divisions for the company's financial year 2011 that ended September 30, 2011.
The group's online gaming division Purple Lounge posted a revenue increase of 29% for the year, with the company intent on focusing on further acquisitions particularly in the online gaming arena.
Key (unaudited) financial indicators include:
- Group revenues of £ 35 million (2010: £ 24 million) an increase of 46 percent
- Eyeconomy revenues of £ 7.3 million (2010: £ 2.8 million) an increase of 160 percent
- Purple Lounge revenues of £ 27.5 million (2010: 21.3 million) an increase of 29 percent
- Group gross profit of £ 5.8 million (2010: £ 5.0 million) an increase of 16 percent
- Cash balances of £ 2.2 million (September 2010: £ 2.2 million)
- Purple Lounge achieved growth during the year with registered customer numbers reaching 120 000 (2010: 100 000) by the year end.
- Eyeconomy signed a partnership deal with Digital Sports Group.
- The sale of Gambling.com and Sport.co.uk for £ 1.5 million net.
The sale of Gambling.com resulted in a one-off accounting loss for the year which will increase the Group's loss by around £ 1.1 million.
Justin Drummond, chief executive officer of Media Corp, commented: "This is a pleasing performance for the financial year as the turnaround continues in key areas of the Group.
"Purple Lounge has had another strong year against industry wide declines in online gaming revenues. The Group is continuing to successfully test a number of innovative online marketing techniques which the Directors believe will significantly increase customer signups, active players and revenues in the coming months.
"We continue to explore earnings enhancing acquisitions and look forward to providing further updates as and when appropriate.
Related News Tags: Purple Lounge
INTERIM CHIEF OF HOLLAND CASINO FORCED TO RESIGN
01st July, 2015 at 19:56:52
Admits mistakes in expense declarations.
Full Story: Interim Chief Of Holland Casino Forced To Resign »
AFL CLUB TURNS ITS BACK ON GAMBLING SPONSORSHIPS
30th June, 2015 at 21:01:23
But does its decision extend to club-venue pokie machines?
Full Story: Afl Club Turns Its Back On Gambling Sponsorships »
C.S.I.G. URGES SUPPORT FOR R.A.W.A. SENATE BILL
30th June, 2015 at 12:07:06
Adelson-funded action group supports an Adelson-inspired internet gambling ban bill.
Full Story: C.s.i.g. Urges Support For R.a.w.a. Senate Bill »
PORTUGAL ONLINE GAMBLING LAW IN FORCE (Update)
29th June, 2015 at 19:29:37
Advent of online betting and gaming license awards progresses.
Full Story: Portugal Online Gambling Law In Force (update) »
DISNEY DEAL WITH DAILY FANTASY SPORTS PROVIDER IF OFF (Update)
25th June, 2015 at 09:38:48
But DraftKings has salvaged exclusive advertising deal with subsidiary ESPN.