Media Corp On The Turn Around
MEDIA CORP ON THE TURN AROUND
12th October, 2011 at 09:36:30Source: http://www.azonlinecasinos.com
Company on the right track with growth across all business divisions
A trading update from advertising network and online gaming group Media Corporation plc (Media Corp) shows improvement with strong growth reported across all its business divisions for the company's financial year 2011 that ended September 30, 2011.
The group's online gaming division Purple Lounge posted a revenue increase of 29% for the year, with the company intent on focusing on further acquisitions particularly in the online gaming arena.
Key (unaudited) financial indicators include:
- Group revenues of £ 35 million (2010: £ 24 million) an increase of 46 percent
- Eyeconomy revenues of £ 7.3 million (2010: £ 2.8 million) an increase of 160 percent
- Purple Lounge revenues of £ 27.5 million (2010: 21.3 million) an increase of 29 percent
- Group gross profit of £ 5.8 million (2010: £ 5.0 million) an increase of 16 percent
- Cash balances of £ 2.2 million (September 2010: £ 2.2 million)
- Purple Lounge achieved growth during the year with registered customer numbers reaching 120 000 (2010: 100 000) by the year end.
- Eyeconomy signed a partnership deal with Digital Sports Group.
- The sale of Gambling.com and Sport.co.uk for £ 1.5 million net.
The sale of Gambling.com resulted in a one-off accounting loss for the year which will increase the Group's loss by around £ 1.1 million.
Justin Drummond, chief executive officer of Media Corp, commented: "This is a pleasing performance for the financial year as the turnaround continues in key areas of the Group.
"Purple Lounge has had another strong year against industry wide declines in online gaming revenues. The Group is continuing to successfully test a number of innovative online marketing techniques which the Directors believe will significantly increase customer signups, active players and revenues in the coming months.
"We continue to explore earnings enhancing acquisitions and look forward to providing further updates as and when appropriate.
Related News Tags: Purple Lounge
SKYBET MOBILE PUNTERS LOG IN WITH A FINGERPRINT
24th October, 2014 at 10:58:48
UK operator has been incrementally introducing Apple's TouchID to mobile punters.
Full Story: Skybet Mobile Punters Log In With A Fingerprint »
GAMINGSLOTS RELAUNCHES WITH CASINO PRIZE GIVEAWAY
24th October, 2014 at 07:59:16
Slots site gets a major overhaul with new features added
Full Story: Gamingslots Relaunches With Casino Prize Giveaway »
UNIONS TO APPEAL TRUMP TAJ MAHAL BANKRUPTCY RULING
24th October, 2014 at 02:56:10
Appeal to be launched in Delaware federal court.
Full Story: Unions To Appeal Trump Taj Mahal Bankruptcy Ruling »
'THE GAMBLER' MOVIE TRAILER RELEASED
23rd October, 2014 at 05:20:50
Definitely not for the children....
Full Story: 'the Gambler' Movie Trailer Released »
A BALANCED VIEW OF THE ADELSON ANTI-ONLINE GAMBLING DRIVE
21st October, 2014 at 04:29:25
Respected poker player and writer Jeff Hwang analyses casino tycoon's motivation.