NEW RESULTS FROM CHERRYFORTRAGEN
30th August, 2011 at 14:01:37
Online gambling group reports on January 1 - June 30, 2011 operations
Cherryföretagen, the Swedish online and land entertainment and gambling group, has reported a strong set of results for the period January 1 - June 30, 2011, highlighting the following achievements:
* Group turnover increased with 31.2% and amounted to SEK 207.1 million (SEK157.8 million).
* EBITDA amounted to SEK 8.8 million (9.3).
* EBIT amounted to SEK 3.0 million (3.6) - impacted by non-recurring expenses of -3.7 million concerning the replacement of its CEO.
* The number of new online players rose by 96.1 percent, to 146 863 customers (74 884).
* Europeґs biggest lottery with a daily draw, EuroLotto, was launched in January with a minimum SEK25 million progressive jackpot.
* Cherry has signed a beneficial agreement with Special Olympics regarding EuroLotto.
Second quarter interim results included:
* Group turnover increased with 5.9% and amounted to SEK 109.7 million (SEK103.6 million).
* EBITDA amounted to SEK 2.2 million (9.4).
* The number of active clients rose during Q2 by 173.9 percent, to 37 181 customers (13 574).
* The number of new online players rose during Q2 by 214 percent, to 21 806 customers (6 944).
* Deposits increased with 18.1% and amounted to SEK 155.0 million (131.3).
* The board of directors appointed Emil Sunvisson (ex-Betsafe
- see previous report) as President and CEO, with Marius Andersen appointed COO online gaming activities by the Board of Cherry Malta Ltd and EuroSlots
Ltd, subsidiaries of Cherry.
CEO Emil Sunvisson, who took up his responsibilities on August 1, commented: "Some countries have recognized that the gaming industry, if handled correctly, can contribute positively to economic development. Instead of preventing private actors and trying to maintain a monopoly, we should be open to and embrace the rapidly evolving gaming industry.
Cherry calls [on the Swedish government] for modern legislation, where we are allowed to operate gaming with responsibility and are able to compete on equal terms.
"Cherry offers casino onshore, offshore and over the internet. Our three business areas have great similarities, but also important differences in terms of regulatory framework and technical barriers. The respect for the player and the treatment of our customers are fundamental to our success, regardless of where we offer our services."
Related News Tags: Jackpots, Lotteries, Sweden, Cherry, Euroslots