STRONG SECOND QUARTER FROM PLAYTECH
20th July, 2011 at 03:19:42
Launch of new Italian products and Gala contract in achievements
Online gambling software provider Playtech plc (ref: Playtech casinos list
) has released its second quarter 2011 numbers in a trading update.
Key Performance Indicators for the three months ending 30 June 2011 include:
On a like-for-like basis excluding France:
* Total revenues up 19% on Q2/10 and 8% higher than Q1/11
* Casino revenues up 24% on Q2/10 to Euro 27.3 million; and 7% higher than Q1/11
* Poker revenues down 24% on Q2/10 to Euro 5.0 million; and 12% lower than Q1/11
On an absolute basis:
* Total revenues up 7% to Euro 39.6 million (Q2/10: Euro 36.8 million), and 8% higher than Q1/11
* Bingo revenues totalled Euro 3.6 million, up 32% on Q2/10, (Q2/10: Euro 2.8 million); and up 5% on Q1/11
* Videobet revenues achieved material level for the first time, and generated Euro 2.0 million in Q2/11, mainly from the rollout of its Global Draw contract
The company said that figures for gross Income and share of profit from William Hill
Online will be available once William Hill plc announces its interim results on 5 August 2011.
Management reports that daily activities in terms of revenues for the first 18 days of Q3/11 are more than 25% ahead of Q3/10, and slightly ahead of the daily average of the previous quarter. This figure excludes any contribution from share of profit in William Hill Online and PTTS, which is performing in line with expectations.
* Completion of Videobet's UK rollout: migrated 20,750 machines in the year to date
* PTTS acquisition completed at the end of Q2/11 on scheduled timeframe
* Signed software agreement with Californian Online Poker Association (COPA); further agreement with Playtech's JV Sciplay to provide ancillary services
* Gala Coral
contract to provide broad technology platform separately announced this week (see News report)
* Acquisition of mobile sportsbook provider, Mobenga AB separately announced this week (see News report)
* Regulatory approval in Malta for live games broadens appeal of offering
* Soft launch of Casino Gran Madrid, first locally regulated Spanish operator
* Final preparations for Italian cash poker and casino games, including Buongiorno mobile launch in Q2
* Recognised in 2011 B2B industry awards, including Best Bingo Software and best RNG casino
Commenting on the KPI's, Playtech's chief executive, Mor Weizer, said:
"It has been a very positive quarter for Playtech, continuing a solid start to 2011 and included both the finalisation of Videobet's UK roll-out and the completion of the PTTS acquisition.
"Major licensee wins were announced, including the significant win of COPA in California; and today we have also announced the signing of a significant contract with Gala Coral
to provide its online technology platform across all channels. We were first in the market to launch casino and cash poker tables in Italy this week, including SNAI and SISAL as well as other existing and new licensees, and welcomed both William Hill Online and Titan into the Italian network.
"In addition, we have positioned ourselves to offer a platform for the rapidly growing mobile sportsbook segment, through the acquisition of Mobenga announced today. This is a strategic acquisition given the importance of mobile and the accelerated penetration rates of mobile.
"These developments reflect the success of our ongoing investment in the business and many months of intense preparatory work. Each is set to enhance our future regulated market income stream and the licensee pipeline remains strong across the product range. We would expect to announce further wins in the coming months.
"Revenues and player activity have grown throughout the quarter and while we are moving into what is traditionally the quietest seasonal period, we are pleased with Playtech's core business and the newly acquired PTTS, which has shown good resilience and is performing in line with our expectations."
Related News Tags: Playtech, Italy, California, Coral, Gala, William Hill