PLAYTECH REPORTS ROBUST PERFORMANCE IN Q4/2010
25th January, 2011 at 08:42:37
The company looks forward to 2011 with confidence as another year of significant development
Isle of Man-based gaming software developer and licensor Playtech delivered its key performance indicators for the fourth quarter ending 31 December 2010.
- Gross income up 26% to Euro 173.1 million for the 12 months to 31 December 2010, (2009: Euro 137.3 million)
- Gross income for Q4/2010 up 14% to Euro 43.9 million, (Q4/2009: Euro 38.5 million) reflecting strong growth in activity and an encouraging performance across all product groups
- Total revenues for the 12 months to 31 December 2010 up 24% to Euro 142.3 million, (2009: Euro 114.8 million)
- Total revenues during Q4/2010 up 21% to Euro 36.9 million, (Q4/2009: Euro 30.4 million) and 13% higher than the Euro 32.5 million achieved in Q3/2010
- Quarter-on-quarter revenue performance: Casino revenues up 20% to Euro 25.9 million, Poker revenues up 3% to Euro 5.9 million and Bingo revenues up 9% to Euro 3.3 million
- Share of profit from William Hill
Online (WHO) up 37% to Euro 30.8 million for the full year (2009: Euro 22.5 million), including Euro 7.0 million in Q4/2010
- Cash balances at 31 December 2010 in excess of Euro 68 million, before payment of final consideration in relation to WHO of Euro 15.1 million
The company reported daily activity in the first three weeks of January 2011 is over 11% ahead of January 2010 and over 1% above the average of Q4/2010, with all products performing positively.
- RAY (Finnish poker and casino), successfully launched 29 November, achieved 60,000 registered players by 21st December 2010
- Further licensees launched in Q4/2010 included: Unibet
(bingo) and Codere (Italian bingo)
- Additional product launches for existing licensees included: bet365
(games tab content) and Titan (French poker); Tain (Casino) due shortly. Discussions on additional products with various existing licensees underway
- New license agreements announced for regulated markets included: Buongiorno (Italian casino) and Nordic Bet (bingo)
- Videobet FOBT roll-out progressing well in UK, moving to mass deployment phase
Playtech Chief Executive, Mor Weizer commented:
"Playtech's business has increased in all areas, delivering a very robust fourth quarter performance. Growth from our existing business, when combined with the new licensees either just launched, or due to launch shortly, gives us a solid platform for 2011. As a result, the Board is comfortable with market expectations for the year ended 31 December 2010 and looks forward to 2011 with confidence as another year of significant development.
Today we have also announced the acquisition of IGS, (see previous reports) a developer of casino management systems for an initial £ 2.5 million cash consideration. We see this deal as furthering what is already Playtech's unique competitive advantage and cross platform capabilities as the trend of convergence of land based and online segments continues".
Related News Tags: Playtech, Unibet, Italy, William Hill